Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Asda George wooden Dolls house and Accessories set

Asda George wooden Dolls house and Accessories set

This is my first Christmas purchase for my Daughter, my niece had a similar dolls house which she adored playing with, which inspired me to buy one for Lilly. Lilly might be a bit young to start forming pretend families but it’s a beautiful piece that she can use and come back to again and again as she grows. For best use you need to make two purchases, the house (£35), which comes with 3 levels and the accessories set (£15) to decorate rooms and has dolls to play with. Although I’m waiting until Christmas to give this to Lilly I spent about 40 minutes this afternoon putting it together to check it had no missing pieces, and success as it went together pretty easily, considering I done it alone and spent most of the time searching for an appropriately sized Philips screw driver (X).

The house is formed of sturdy wooden boards, which are painted beautifully into a pretty pink flower and butterfly inspired cottage. The house comprises of 3 levels, which includes a fully opening roof section and two main front opening doors to allow access for play. The house comes with 2 staircases to give it a real life home feel. The website has a suggested age range of 3-4 years, but like most toys as long as your child is supervised and not allowed too many small parts I feel this would suit my daughter who will be 15 months at Christmas. The given dimensions on the website are 64.9cm width, 58.9 height and 33 depth. The accessories are robust and nicely painted. The accessories help to define rooms and to aid play. I’ve already hinted to my partner that Lilly might like an extra bed and some more kitchen accessories, which I’m hoping he could knock-up himself from some MDF and paint. I also intend on whipping up some pillows and bed sheets with my sewing machine, to give the house a finished look.

The house is very sturdy when it’s all been pieced together. I would have liked the windows to open at the front like the shutters do and the stairs although they are made from solid wood have MDF glued on the top and bottom, which looks a little cheap compared to the lovely exterior. This said the house is way cheaper than other similar dolls houses on the high street. Although I got mine out a little early to check it over before giving it for Christmas, I would suggest putting it together in advance. Wrap it or present it as it is because trying to put it together with normal Christmas chaos and a child in your ear every couple of minutes probably could become very stressful. Nobody wants a stressful Christmas.        

Please comment below about your questions or experiences with this product and I will try and answer them as soon as possible. I would love to know how other dollhouses compare. Please be aware theses are just my opinions and I have not been paid or asked to review this item.







No comments:

Post a Comment